Registration is now OPEN for September/October exam dates!
Northern California: Monday, September 17, 2018, 8am to 5:30pm*
PG&E San Jose Pipe Trades Training Center
780 Commercial St, San Jose, CA 95112
*This exam only: directions start at 8am- 8:30am, Exams are 8:30 – 12:30, 1:30 – 5:30pm (1/2 hour later than standard schedule)
Southern California: Monday, October 1, 7:30am to 5pm
SCE Energy Education Center Irwindale
6090 North Irwindale Ave, Irwindale, CA
Make exam selection(s) below, and pay via any major credit card using our secure form!
CEA Exam types offered at this round:
- Res OR Nonres 2016 Full (ACM + Multiple Choice) New Exam: $350 for CABEC Professional Members, $500 for Standard/Student Members and non-Members
- Res OR Nonres New Exam Multiple-choice only: $200 for CABEC Professional Members, $300 for Standard/Student Members and non-Members (must have passed 2013 or 2016 Standards ACM/Modeling exam portion)
- Res OR Nonres New Exam Modeling-only (ACM): $100 for CABEC Professional Members, $150 for Standard/Student Members and non-Members (must have passed 2013 or 2016 Multiple-choice exam portion)
- Res OR Nonres 2016-Standards Re-Certifications: $200 for CABEC Professional Members, $300 for Standard/Student Members and non-Members (for current 2013-Standards CEAs only)
Make your exam selection(s) below, and pay via any major credit card using our secure form!
- After submitting your registration, you will be emailed a confirmation and receipt at the email address you submit.
- Not sure which exam(s) to sign up for? Click to learn more about CABEC’s policies related to 2016 Standards certifications, or contact us with questions!
- Organizations: If you would like to pay for multiple registrations in bulk, please contact us for a simple process to combine payment and register each examinee using a coupon code.
- CABEC Professional Members! Click here to log in (via pop-up, without leaving this page) for significant exam discounts!
- Not a Professional Member? If you’d like to receive discounts on all CEA process related costs, please make sure you’re an active CABEC Professional Member!
- Cancellation policy: Full refund if requested > 7 days before exam, credit for full amount towards future purchase if requested 1-7 days prior to exam. No refunds for cancellations requested < 24 hours prior to exams.
- If you have both Res & Nonres CEAs (or need to register for a different combination of exams), please register for each exam portion separately by filling out and submitting this form once for each portion or cert. (Sorry for the inconvenience!)
- If you are a Current 2013 CEA who achieved your certification(s) PRIOR to 2017, make sure you’ve paid your 2017 Maintenance Fees to keep you certification current, and ensure you qualify for the shorter, discounted Re-Certification Exam(s).
- ACM/Modeling Software: If you are taking the ACM/modeling portion of the CEA Exam, you need to make sure that you have the most recent energy modeling software installed BEFORE coming to the exam facility. If you do not, this will negatively impact your ability to upload and pass the exam. Qualifying software packages:
- RESIDENTIAL: CBECC-RES 2016(v3.0), or Energy Pro (v126.96.36.199)
- NONRESIDENTIAL: CBECC-COM 2016 (v3.0 Build 963), Energy Pro (v188.8.131.52), or IES VE Title (24:5.0)
Registration form didn’t load? Click here to try reloading a fresh copy.