Looking for a change?
Check out these opportunities that CABEC Members have posted!
Green Building Specialist or Trainee
Competitive wage, paid holidays and paid time off
- Technical proficiency in reading plans and interpreting energy and green building regulations
- The self-discipline and ability to prioritize and manage one’s own workload to meet clients’ project deadlines
- Knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency technologies, green building technologies, and net zero energy
- Knowledge of the applicable California Building Codes and the ability to research for needed data
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; computer skills in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro
Rick’s Energy Solutions is seeking a qualified green building specialist to provide analysis, documentation, field testing and inspection of building projects. Applicants must possess knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability. The green building specialist will work collaboratively with clients and other team members to provide plan review, inspection, testing and consultation on green building and sustainability in building construction projects.
Key responsibilities include:
*Application of knowledge and understanding of the California Green Building Code, California Energy Code, Build It Green GreenPoint Rating manual, and or LEED for Homes.
* Researching and applying building techniques, methods and materials to achieve green building and energy efficiency in building consulting.
* Field testing and verification inspections for green building compliance.
Required Education and Certifications:
* BA in construction technology, energy management, or a related field; or adequate equivalent experience in building energy management and sustainable construction.
* Current ICC CALGreen Special Inspector Certification or ability and motivation to become certified.
* Current Build It Green GreenPoint Rater certification or ability to become certified.
* Current CalCERTS HERS rater certification or the ability and motivation to become certified
* Multi-disciplined experience within the building industry related to green building techniques.
* Experience with modeling techniques and tools related to green building and energy efficiency.
* Knowledge of green building and energy efficiency programs such as CALGreen, GreenPoint Rated, and HERS.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and references to: [email protected]
This is a full-time position. Competitive wage, paid time off and paid holidays are included.
Position is open until filled.
Employers: Post a Job! (Individual CABEC Professional and Standard Members may post two 60-day job listings per year for free. CABEC Group Members may post up to the maximum number of Members associated with their organization’s chosen level per year (5 for Small, 10 for Medium, 15 for Large Groups). For all others, posting an energy job listing is just $50 for 60 days!)