Looking for a change?
Check out these opportunities that CABEC Members have posted!
Building Energy Analyst or Trainee
Posted by:Rick's Energy Solutions
Santa Rosa, California
Competitive wage, paid holidays and paid time off
- Technical proficiency in reading plans and interpreting regulations regarding energy and green features
- The discipline and ability to prioritize one's workload to meet clients' project needs and schedules;
- Knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency technologies, green building and net zero energy or passive house design and the drive to research for needed data;
- Excellent Oral and written communications skills;
- Computer skills in MS Office Suite and building energy analysis software;
- Team oriented, hands on, adaptive, and client focused.
Rick’s Energy Solutions is seeking a qualified building energy analyst to provide analysis, documentation, and field testing/inspection of project energy efficiency and/or green features. Applicants must possess knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability. The energy analyst will work collaboratively with clients and other team members to provide analysis and consultation on energy efficiency and sustainability
in building construction.
Key responsibilities include:
* Application of knowledge and understanding of California Title 24 residential energy code and modeling tools.
* Utilizing energy modeling applications and spreadsheets;
* Performing and reviewing building energy models, HERS Ratings and reports.
Required Education and Certifications:
* BA in construction technology, energy management, or related field; or equivalent work experience;
* Current Residential CEPE or CEA or the ability and motivation to become certified;
* Experience within the building industry related to analysis of energy efficiency and green building;
* Experience with modeling techniques and tools related to energy (EnergyPro, EnergyPlus, eQUEST, etc.);
* Knowledge of energy efficiency or green building programs (CALGreen, GPR, HERS, CAHP, NSHP and Passive House).
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and references to: [email protected]
This is a full-time position. Competitive wage, paid time off and paid holidays are included.
Position is open until filled.
Employers: Post a Job! (Individual CABEC Professional and Standard Members may post two 60-day job listings per year for free. CABEC Group Members may post up to the maximum number of Members associated with their organization’s chosen level per year (5 for Small, 10 for Medium, 15 for Large Groups). For all others, posting an energy job listing is just $50 for 60 days!)